Smoky Mountain Presbyterian is glad to be a part of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Of the Reformed and conservative denominations in America, the PCA is the largest. The PCA is committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ, who celebrate the Gospel, love fellow Christians and who seek to bring those who are far from God nearer to Him, by proclaiming the Gospel with their words and their lives.
So what do we believe?
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone, as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people unto Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
If you desire to know more about our doctrine, we encourage you to consult the Westminster Confession and Catechisms, which serve as the doctrinal standards of all churches within the PCA. Links to these can be found at www.pcaac.org